Lung cancer is a type of cancer that starts in the lungs. It occurs when abnormal cells in the lungs grow and multiply uncontrollably and forming a tumor. Lung cancer can spread to other parts of the body through lymphatic system and blood stream.
NON SMALL CELL LUNG CANCER: – in this many types of lung cancer are involved.
- Adenocarcinoma: – it is mainly present in outer side of lungs and commonly associated with smoking. It is present as multiple nodules and can spread to different parts of body.
- Squamous cell carcinoma:- it is present in the central airways of the lungs just near the bronchus. It is also found in smokers.
- Large cell carcinoma: – it can present any part of lung and spread and grow very rapidly.
SMALL CELL LUNG CANCER: – it is a type of lung cancer. In this the size of cancerous cells are very small that in seen under the microscope. These cells has tendency to grow and spread to other parts of the body very quickly.
PLEUROPULMONARY BLASTOMA: – it is every rare type of tumor that is found in childhood. It starts from soft tissues of lungs and chest wall. It mainly found in children under the age of six.
PULMONARY INFLAMMATORY MAYOFIBROBLASTIC TUMOUR:– it is rare type of lung cancer that arises from connective tissue cells in the lung.
TRACHEOBRONCHEAL TUMOUR:-these tumors can be benign or malignant. It stars in trachea or bronchi.
CAUSES OF LUNG CANCER:-
Cigarette smoking is the main cause of lung cancer. Old scars of tuberculosis in the lung can also a cause of lung cancer.
Lung tissue affected by the connective tissue disease scleroderma may be associated with bronco-alveolar carcinoma.
LUNG CANCER RISK FACTORS:-
- Passive smoking.
- Previous history of radiation therapy.
- Previous history of lung cancer.
- People who exposed to radon.
- Patient with previous or preexisting lung disease.
LUNG CANCER SYMPTOMS:-
- Swelling of face or arms and neck.
- Blood in sputum.
- Weight loss.
- Loss of appetite.
- Fatigue or weakness.
- Pain in chest that aggravate on breathings, coughing.
- Hoarseness or shortness of breath during exertion and wheezing.
- Recurrent episodes of lung infections like pneumonia or bronchitis.
- Persistent cough that worsen over time.
- Hoarseness or voice changes.
LUNG CANCER PREVENTION:-
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid passive smoking or second hand smoke.
- Avoid carcinogens at work.
- Take healthy diet including full of fruits and vegetables.
- Do yoga and exercise.
LUNG CANCER INVESTIGATIONS:-
- CT SCN
- PET SCAN.
They can help to detect the abnormalities in the lungs and detect the size and location of any tumor.
- Biopsy: – it determines the type of cancer.
- Sputum cytology: – for cancer cells.
- Pulmonary functioning of lungs.
LUNG CANCER HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT:-
- Unable to lie down, feels suffocative.
- Scanty, frothy expectoration.
- Asthma aggravates after midnight and lying on back.
- Darting pain through the upper 3rd of right lung.
- Wheezing respiration.
- Continuous dry cough.
- Cough aggravates in evening and night.
- Expectoration only after prolonged coughing.
- Constriction of chest.
- Pain in chest.
- Cough on lying down, talking, laughing.
- Sensation as if dry spot in larynx with itching in chest.
- Profuse, yellow sticky expectoration, coming out as a long, stringy and very tenacious mass.
- Tickling with pain in stomach that extends to shoulders.
- Cough has a brassy sound.
- Bronchitis anosmia.
- Hoarseness in voice.