ACUTE MYELOID LEUKEMIA-AML
Acute myeloid leukemia is a type of leukemia which affects the blood and bone marrow.
It is found in both children and adults. It mainly affects the myeloid cells that give rise to RBCs, WBCs, and platelets.
CAUSES:- the exact cause of AML is unknown.
- Some genetic mutations can increase the risk of AML.
- Previous history of cancer treatment is also responsible for leukemia.
- Some genetic disorders like Down syndrome, bloom syndrome have higher risk of developing leukemia.
SYMPTOMS:- the common symptoms of AML are:-
- Weight loss.
- Hepatomegaly, splenomegaly.
- Weakness, fatigue.
- Enlarge lymph nodes.
- Excessive sweating.
- Bone pain or joint pain.
- Loss of appetite.
- Abdominal discomfort or pain.
- Pale skin.
- Shortness of breath.
Bone marrow and biopsy and aspiration.
Lumbar puncture:- to detect the leukemia cells in CSF.
ACUTE MYELOID LEUKEMIA HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT:-
– The main action of T.N.T. on the RBCs.
– Anemia and jaundice.
– Tendency to hemorrhages under skin.
– Breathlessness, dizziness, headache.
- Decrease of RBCs and increase of WBCs.
- Hallucinations, epileptiform attacks.
- Right sided headache.
Read about ACUTE LYMPHOBLASTIC LEUKEMIA in detail here.