BILE DUCT CANCER
Bile duct cancer also called cholangiocarcinoma. It is a rare form of cancer that originates in the bile ducts (which are small tubes that transport bile from the liver to the small intestine).
Bile duct cancer can occur anywhere along the bile ducts, from the liver to the small intestine.
CLASSIFICATION:- it can be classified into two types:-
INTRAHEPATIC BILE DUCT CANCER:- this type of cancer forms within the liver in the bile ducts.
EXTRAHEPATIC BILE DUCT CANCER:- this type of cancer forms outside the liver.
The extrahepatic duct cancer again classified into two types:-
Perihilar bile duct cancer:- it is present at the junction of liver and bile ducts.
Distal bile duct cancer:- it is found where the ducts from the liver and gallbladder join to form the common bile duct.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF BILE DUCT CANCER:-
- Jaundice ( yellowing of skin and white of eyes).
- Dark urine.
- Clay colored stool.
- Pain in abdomen or mainly on right side.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Itching on skin.
- Weight loss from unknown reason.
- Feeling of exhaustion or tiredness.
- Loss of appetite.
CAUSES:- in most cases, the cause of bile duct cancer is unknown. But some possible causes of duct cancer are as follows:-
AGE:- it is more common in age of over 50.
CHOLECYSTECTOMY:- a history of gallbladder removal can increase the chance of duct cancer.
LIVER DISEASE:- some liver diseases like hepatitis B&C, non alcoholic fatty liver, cirrhosis can increase the risk of duct cancer.
LONG- TERM INFLAMMATION:- chronic inflammation of bile ducts can damage to the cells and can increase the risk of duct cancer.
GENETIC FACTORS:- some inherited genetic mutations, such as FAP, can increase the risk of cancer.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:- some toxins and chemicals can also increase the risk of duct cancer.
Diabetic person can also have risk of cholagiocarcinoma.
- Stop smoking.
- Reduce the risk of disease of liver.
- If you are alcoholic than stop drinking.
BILE DUCT CANCER HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT:-
FEL TAURI :-
- It clears the obstruction in the bile ducts.
- It liquefies bile and acts as a purgative and cholegogue.
- Disordered digestion.
- Diarrhea and pain in the nape of neck.
- It increase the duodenal secretions, emulsifies fats and increase the peristaltic action of intestine.
- Jaundice skin.
- Constant pain under the inferior angle of right scapula.
- Tongue yellow with imprint of teeth, large and flabby.
- Yellowishness on skin and eyes.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Stool hard, round balls like sheep’s dung, yellow, clay colored, stools float in water.
- Urine dark, yellow and tyurbid.
- The main action of cardus mar is on the liver and piortal system that causes pain, soreness and jaundice.
- Disturbs sugar metabolism.
- Nausea, retching, vomiting of green, acrid fluid.
- Constipation, stools hard, difficult, knotty.
- Constipation alternates with diarrhea.