Abnormal growth of cells within the bone tissue is called bone tumour OR BONE CANCER. It can be benign (non cancerous) or malignant (cancerous). Benign tumour do not spread to other parts of body while malignant cancer spread to other parts of body.but it mostly affects the pelvis and long bone of the body.
TYPES:- there are many types of bone cancer are as follows:-
- Osteoid osteoma.
- Fibrous dysplasia.
- Non ossifying fibroma.
- Giant cell tumor of bone.
Malignant bone tumor:-
- Ewing sarcoma.
- Malignant fibrous histiocytoma.
- Multiple myeloma.
- Metastatic bone tumor.
Ewing sarcoma:- it is a rare tumor that usually affects children and young adults and commonly include the pelvis, thigh, chest wall , ribs and upper arms.
- Pain on affected part.
- Swelling and tenderness on affected area.
- Loss of weight.
- Tiredness, fatigue.
Osteosarcoma: – it begins in the cells that form bones. It is also mostly found in long bones includes legs. It is most present in bones around the knees.
- Weakened bone that increases the risk of fracture.
Malignant fibrous histiocytoma:- it commonly affects the middle and old aged group. It can occur at any bone but most commonly in long bones. It starts in soft tissue.
- Weak bone that increase the risk of fracture.
CAUSES OF BONE CANCER:-
The exact cause of bone cancer is unknown. Some common cause and risk factors of bone cancer are as follows:-
Any change in DNA can lead to development of abnormal cells.
Some genetic disorder like multiple osteochondroma, Paget’s disease can increase the risk of cancer.
Certain cancer treatments, like radiation, chemotherapy can increase the risk of developing cancer.
Bone cancer can also occur due to cancer that has spread from another part of body.
Smoking, alcohol consumption may increase the risk of developing bone tumor.
BONE CANCER SYMPTOMS:-
- Persistent pain in the affected area.
- The affected area is swollen and lump may be present.
- Bone tumors can restrict the movement in the affected area, making it difficult to perform daily activities and cause stiffness.
- Bone tumor weakens the bone and increase the risk of fracture.
- Fatigue. (Feeling tired).
- Loss of weight.
- Loss of appetite.
- CT SCAN.
- BONE SCAN.
- BLOOD TESTS.
BONE CANCER HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT:-
- Calc flour:-
- Pain in the affected bone or joint.
- Stiffness, swelling, tenderness and sometimes redness in the affected area.
- Fracture in bone.
- Night sweats.
- Breaks in bone that weakened by cancer.
- Icy cold and sweaty feet.
- Silicea can stimulate the organism to reabsorb fibrotic conditions and scar tissue.
- Diseases of bones, caries, necrosis and tumor.
- Ill effects of vaccinations.
- Supporative processes.
- Ruta mainly acts on the periosteum and cartilages.
- It has tendency to the formation of deposits on the periosteum, tendons and around the joints.
- All parts of the body are painful, as if bruised.
- Feeling of intense lassitude, weakness.
- Tenderness and pain in affected part.
- Stiffness and pain in bones of different parts of body.