A brain tumor is a mass or growth of abnormal cells that develop in the brain. These tumors can be benign or malignant. It can occur any part of brain or spinal cord.
TYPES: – the brain tumor classified into different type which depend on location in the brain.
GLIOMAS: – arise from glial cells.
MENINGIOMAS: – arise from meninges.
Pituitary tumor: – arise from pituitary gland.
Medullablastomas: – arise from embryonic cells in the brain.
Schwannomas: – arise from Schwann cells.
Metastatic brain tumor: – originates from other parts of body.
CAUSES:- the exact cause of brain tumor is still unknown.
But some causes and risk factors that are responsible for brain tumor are as follows:-
GENETICS: – some genetic mutation may increase the risk of developing brain tumor.
AGE: – it is more common in adults.
IMMUNE SYSTEM:- those people who have weak immune system may be at higher risk.
FAMILY HISTORY:- person having a family history of brain tumor may increase the risk of developing brain tumour.
HORMONAL FACTORS:- sometimes hormonal imbalances also a cause of developing brain tumor.
Frequent exposure to radiation and industrial chemicals are also a cause of brain tumour.
BRAIN TUMOUR SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS:-
- Frequent or worsening headache.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Vision and speech problems.
- Weakness or numbness in the limbs or various parts of body.
- Difficulties in co-ordination or balance.
- Loss of appetite.
- Failure to thrive.
- Changes in personality or behavior.
- Difficulties with speech or understanding language.
- Weak thinking ability and learning power.
BRAIN TUMOUR PREVENTION:-
- Protect the head from injury.
- Quit smoking.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Avoid exposure to ionizing radiation.
IMAGING TESTS: – MRI, CT-SCANS, for identify the size and location of lesion.
BIOPSY: – for identify benign (non-cancerous) or malignant (cancerous).
BLOOD TESTS: – for any other cause.
BRAIN TUMOUR HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT:-
- Brayta carb:-
- Forgetfulness, confusion and loss of memory.
- Feeling as if brain is loose.
- Vertigo when standing in sun.
- Pain in forehead and eyes.
- Persistent drowsiness.
- Numbness in the forehead and at the root of the nose.
- Conium mac:-
- Vertigo when lying down.
- Sudden and severe headache accompanied with nausea and vomiting.
- Heaviness in the head.
- Suffocation feeling.
- Drowsiness mainly in daytime.
- Plumbum met:-
- Loss of memory.
- Dizziness and fainting.
- Sadness and depression.
- Slow perception of things and concepts.
- Patient gets irritable on hearing loud noises.
- Heaviness in the eyes especially on movement.
- Pain in forehead which is tearing and pressing type.