Burkitt lymphoma is a non-Hodgkin B- cell lymphoma. It is the cancer of lymphatic system. It is a rapid growing tumor that can appear in different parts of body such as bone marrow, lymph nodes and other organs.
TYPES:- the common types of burkitt lymphoma are as follows:-
SPORADIC LYMPHOMA:– it is present in worldwide and not related with Epstein- bar virus.
IMMUNODEFICIENCY RELATED LYMPHOMA:– it is mainly found in those people who have weak immune system including HIV/AIDS.
ENDEMIC :– it is associated with infection by the Epstein bar virus (EBV).
SYMPTOMS OF BURKITT LYMPHOMA:-
- Swelling of the lymph nodes of neck groin and armpits.
- Night sweats.
- Loss of weight.
- Abdominal pain.
- Persistent fatigue.
- Respiratory issues such as- coughing, dyspnea and chest pain.
CAUSES:- the exact cause is unknown .but some common factors that are responsible for developing burkitt lymphoma are as follows:-
- Epstein bar virus infection: – it is mainly occurs in African people where EBV infection is very common.
- Those people who have weak immune system including HIV/AIDS are at higher risk of developing this disease.
- Some chemicals and toxins, pesticides are also responsible for this lymphoma.
- It is commonly found in children and young adults but it can also found in any age group.
- Genetic factors also included.
BIOPSY:- bone marrow biopsy .
IMAGING TESTS:- X-RAY, MRI, CT SCAN.
LUMBAR PUNCTURE:- for check the cancerous cells in CSF .
FLOW CYTOMETRY:- for analyze the cancerous cells.
BURKITT LYMPHOMA HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT:-
- It is indicated in lymphoma.
- Scrofulous swellings.
- Nodosities in the breasts.
- Swelling of the lymph nodes.
- Asthma in scrofulous patients.
- Indicated medicine for non- Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- Person is related and debilitated.
- Palipitation of heart.
- Shortness of breath or dysponea on least exertion.
- Loose and offensive stools with complete exhaustion thereafter.
- Dyspnea, shortness of breath, debility and pallor are marked.
- Profound blood changes.
- Heart action is weak.
- Glandular enlargement.
- Patient is very restless and anxious.
- Aggravation in midnight and afternoon.