Bladder is the hollow muscular organ that located in the lower part of the abdomen that stores urine. Bladder cancer is a type of cancer that begins in the cells ( urothelial cells) lining the bladder.
Urothelial cells are also found in kidneys and ureters (ureters are the tubes connect the kidneys to the bladder).
So, urothelial cancer can occur in kidneys and ureters also.
TYPES OF BLADDER CANCER:-
UROTHELIAL CARCINOMA: – it is found in the cells that line the inside of the bladder.
SQUAMOUS CELL CARCINOMA: – it is mainly due to infection or from long term use of urinary catheter.
ADENOCARCINOMA: – it begins in the cells that makeup mucus secreting glands in the bladder.
CAUSES: – sometimes the cause is unknown.
SMOKING: – smoking is the most common cause of bladder carcinoma.
CHEMICALS: – exposure to certain chemicals that used in leather, rubber, dye and textile industries can increase the risk of bladder carcinoma.
INFECTION: – long term or frequent or chronic infections of bladder can increase the risk of cancer.
RADIATION THERRAPY: – people who have undergone radiation therapy for any other type of cancer may have chance of developing bladder cancer.
BLADDER CANCER RISK FACTORS:-
AGE: – it is more common in adults.
GENDER: – it is more common in men that women.
GENETIC: – some inherited genetic mutations may increase the risk of bladder cancer.
DIETARY FACTORS: – some dietary factors including red meat may increase the risk of bladder cancer.
SYMPTOMS: – some common symptoms of bladder cancer are:-
- Hematuria (blood in urine) is the most common symptom of cancer of bladder which is red, bright pink in color.
- Painful or frequent urination.
- Burning in urine.
- Loss of weight.
- Back pain.
- Involuntary leakage of urine.
- Loss of appetite.
- Quit smoking.
- Take precaution around chemicals.
- Take healthy diet including variety of fruits and vegetables.
URINE TEST: – for cancer cells, infections or other abnormalities.
IMAGING TESTS: – CT SCAN, MRI, USG can help to detect abnormalities in the bladder and surrounding tissues.
CYSTOSCOPY: – for identify the tumor.
BIOPSY: – for confirm the presence and type of cancer.
BLADDER CANCER HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT:-
- Burning pain in the back region of kidneys.
- Strangury with hematuria.
- Scanty, suppressed urine with odor of violets.
- Urethritis with painful micturition and burning in urine.
- Warts, epithelioma, cancerous growth, tumours in any part or any regions in the body.
- Urethra swollen and inflamed.
- Urinary streams splits and small.
- Severe cutting pain after urination.
- Frequent micturition accompanying with pain.
- Paralysis of sphincter vesicae.
- Glands are enlarged and indurated.
- Difficulty in voiding urine.
- It flows and stops again.
- Interrupted discharge.
- Dribbling of urine.
- Pain during micturition.