Coccyx / tailbone pain
Tailbone pain is also called coccydynia.
Coccydynia is pain in and around the small triangular bone at the very bottom of the
spinal column, above the cleft of the buttocks.
There are different types of events that cause tailbone pain.
EXTERNAL TRAUMA:-a fall-related fractured, dislocated, or bruised coccyx.
INTERNAL TRAUMA:-trauma caused by a difficult childbirth or from sitting on a narrow
or hard surface for too long.
OTHERS:- infection, abscess and tumours.
REPETITIVE STRAIN INJURY:- sports like bicycling and rowing require you to lean
back and forth and stretch the spine. Too much of that repeated motion can strain the
tissues around the coccyx.
PREGNANCY / CHILDBIRTH:- during childbirth, the movements may stretch the
muscles and ligaments around the coccyx too far, causing additional pain.
OBESITY:- extra weight applies additional pressure to coccyx.
UNDERWEIGHT:- if you don’t have enough fat in your buttocks to prevent coccyx from
rubbing against the muscles, ligaments and tendons that can cause inflammation and
SITTING:- sitting can also increase coccyx pain, especially if sitting on a hard or narrow
Achy or piercing pain in the tailbone.
More severe pain when sitting for long periods of time.
Pain during bowel movements.
Pain during bowel movements.
Pain during sex.
Depression, anxiety, poor sleep.
- BONE SCAN.
- RISK FACTORS:-
- trauma, especially a backwards fall on to the back.
- Rapid weight loss.
Avoiding damage to the tailbone is the greatest strategy to prevent coccydynia.
If you are obese then lose your weight.
Coccyx Tailbone Pain Homeopathic Medicine and Treatment in Zirakpur:-
- It is very useful for coccydynia where there is an injury from a fall.
- There is a pain in the spine which grows severe with every passing day, and the patient is unable to sit.
- Useful for violent pain and inability to walk comfortably after a fall on the coccyx.
- useful remedy for pain in the coccyx which is aggravated after overexertion.
- There is stiffness and soreness as soon as he attempts to move but gets better
- when in continuous motion or by warm applications.
- Useful for patients who are quite better when in continuous motion or by warm applications.
- Useful for patients who are quite restless and often change position.
- It is useful for coccydynia where there is bruised pain in the coccyx as a result of a blow or fall with the sensation of soreness.
- Very useful if a patient experiences constipation after a mechanical injury.
- Pain comes at intervals and changes place, that is they are shifting types of
pains which get better by warmth and pressure.
- Mag phos is a medicine for pain in the coccyx that is tearing, lancinating and
It is very useful for continuous pain in the coccyx while sitting.
There is a feeling of sitting on something sharp.
Useful for drawing and continuous pain that prevents motion, along the sharp, agonising pain when rising from a seat.
Also useful for neuralgia of coccyx which is worse from rising in a sitting posture,
and the patient must sit still.
Read more related articles here.