LANGERHANS CELL HISTOCYTOSIS
LANGERHANS CELL HISTOCYTOSIS is a rare disorder that characterized by the abnormal proliferation and accumulation of Langerhans cell.
It is a type of WBC.
LANGERHANS CELL HISTOCYTOSIS TYPES:-
- EOSINOPHILIC GRANULOMA: – it involves the bones.
- HAND SCHULLER CHRISTIAN DISEASE: – in this involvement of multiple bone lesions and mainly skin and pituitary gland.
- LETTERER SIWE DISEASE: – in this involvement of multiple organs such as skin, bone marrow, spleen, liver and lymph nodes also.
CAUSES: – the exact cause is unknown. Other factors are:-
- LCH is due to involvement of clonal proliferation of abnormal Langerhans cells. These cells derived from bone marrow and accumulate and infiltrate different organs and tissues in the body.
- Genetic factors are also included.
- Due to dysfunction of immune system, LCH can develop.
- Some virus, toxins and chemicals triggers the LCH.
SYMPTOMS:-symptoms depend upon the organs which are affected. Some symptoms are:-
Bone symptoms: – bone pain, tenderness, swelling, fractures.
Skin symptoms: – scaly patches on skin, red papules and nodules, ulcers or crusts sore.
Enlargement of lymph nodes mainly in the armpits, neck, groin etc.
Hepatomegaly and splenomegaly.
Cough shortness of breath, chest pain.
Diabetes mellitus, excessive thirst and urination.
Headache, dizziness, seizures, balance problem etc.
- CT SCAN
- PET SCAN
LANGERHANS CELL HISTOCYTOSIS HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT: –
- Dull aching pain in lumbar and sacral region.
- Dry cough, caused by a dry spot in the larynx with itching in chest.
- Nausea, acrid heartburn and acid eructation.
- Tremulous weakness after every stool.
- Vertigo on lying down.
- Tightness across chest, great weight on chest.
- Burning in back, pain as if broken.
- Vomiting, water is thrown up as soon as it gets warm in the stomach.
- Stool extremely fetid and flatus.
- Menses too early, scanty, not profuse, but last too long.
- It acts profoundly on every organ or tissue.
- Great exhaustion after slightest exertion.
- Cannot bear the sight and smell of food.
- Nausea and vomiting after eating or drinking.
- Trembling, twitching, spasms, weakness, heaviness.
- Dyspnea, expectoration scanty, coughs worse after midnight.