EXTRA GONADAL GERM CELL TUMOUR
Extra gonadal germ cell tumors are rare type of tumor that also arise from germ cells just like extra cranial germ cell tumor.
Generally, germ cell tumor present within the gonads (testis & ovaries) but sometimes it is present outside the gonads in various locations such as mediastinum, retroperitoneal, CNS, pineal gland, sacrococcygeal area etc.
CAUSES: – the causes of extra gonadal germ cell tumor are:-
- The main cause is migration of germ cell, in which germ cells may not follow the usual migration pathway and can end up in other parts of the body.
- It occurs at any age most commonly found in children and young adults.
- The people who have prior history of extra gonadal germ cells have increased risk of developing EGGCTs.
- Any abnormality in the formation or development of germ cell is also a cause of EGGCTs.
EXTRA GONADAL GERM CELL TUMOUR SYMPTOMS:-
Symptoms depends upon the location of tumor:-
- In abdomen- abdominal pain.
- Retroperitoneal area:- back pain that radiates to sides or lower abdomen.
- Respiration- cough, dyspnea, shortness of breath
- GIT- nausea, vomiting, constipation diarrhea
- Urinary symptoms- Hematuria, urination urgency, difficulty urination.
- Hormonal changes- gynaecomastia in males and irregular menses in female.
- A mass or lump can be felt in anywhere in the body.
- Fatigue or weakness.
- CT SCAN
- PET SCAN
- BLOOD TESTS.
EXTRA GONADAL GERM CELL TUMOUR HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINE:-
- Burning in back, pain as if broken.
- Tightness across chest, great weight on chest.
- Vomiting, water is thrown up as soon as it gets warm in the stomach.
- Stool extremely fetid and flatus.
- Menses too early, scanty, not profuse, but last too long.
- Dull aching pain in lumbar and sacral region.
- Dry cough, caused by a dry spot in the larynx with itching in chest.
- Nausea, acrid heartburn and acid heartburn and acid eructation.
- Tremulous weakness after every stool.
- Vertigo on lying down and when turning over in bed.
- It acts profoundly on every organ and tissue.
- Great exhaustion after slightest exertion.
- Cannot bear the sight and smell of food.
- Nausea and vomiting after eating or drinking.
- Trembling, twitching, spasms, weakness, heaviness.
- Dyspnea, expectoration scanty, cough worse after midnight.