EXTRA CRANIAL GERM CELLS TUMOUR
Extra cranial germ cells tumor is a rare type of tumor and forms from the germ cells. Germ cells are responsible for producing eggs in females and sperms in males.
TYPES: – the type of extra cranial germ cells tumor are follows:-
- GONADAL GCT: – these are those types of tumors that arise in the gonads (ovaries and testicles).
- EXTRA GONADAL GCTs: – these are those types of tumors that develop from germ cells located outside of the gonads (chest, abdomen, near the tailbone). etc.
Extra gonadal GCT can be benign or malignant.
Common causes of extra cranial germ cell tumor :-
- Some genetic factors like Down syndrome, turner syndrome and familial germ cell tumor syndrome are responsible for developing extra cranial GCT.
- Genetic or developmental abnormalities that affect the germ cells during migration or differentiation can contribute to the formation of extra cranial GCT.
- Testicular dysgenesis syndrome is increase the risk the developing this tumor.
- Positive family history of extra cranial GCT can increase the risk of developing in next generation.
EXTRA CRANIAL GERM CELLS TUMOUR SYMPTOMS: –
symptoms depend upon the location of tumor:-
- The affected area including abdomen, ovaries, and testicles may become enlarged or swollen because of tumor growth.
- Back pain, if tumor is present near the back or spine.
- Chest pain, cough, dyspnea if tumor in the mediastinum, shortness of breath.
- Hormonal imbalance: – gynaecomastia in males, irregular menses in females.
- Neurological symptoms: – numbness, weakness or difficulty controlling bodily function.
- Fatigue and weakness.
- A lump can be notice or felt on abdomen, groin or scrotum.
- Physical examinations.
- Blood tests.
- CT scan.
- PET scan.
EXTRA CRANIAL GERM CELLS TUMOUR HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINE:-
- Dull aching pain in lumbar and sacral region.
- Dry cough, caused by a dry spot in the larynx with itching in chest.
- Nausea, acrid heartburn and acid heartburn and acid eructation.
- Tremulous weakness after every stool.
- Vertigo on lying down and when turning over in bed.
- It acts profoundly on every organ and tissue.
- Great exhaustion after slightest exertion.
- Cannot bear the sight and smell of food.
- Nausea and vomiting after eating or drinking.
- Trembling, twitching, spasms, weakness, heaviness.
- Dyspnea, expectoration scanty, coughs worse after midnight.
- Burning in back, pain as if broken.
- Tightness across chest, great weight on chest.
- Vomiting, water is thrown up as soon as it gets warm in the stomach.
- Stool extremely fetid and flatus.
- Menses too early, scanty, not profuse, but last too long.