Endometrial cancer is defined as the malignant growth of cells in the inner lining of tissue of the uterus. Inner lining of the uterus is called endometrium.
It is most common cancer in females mainly in postmenopausal women.
CAUSES AND RISK FACTORS:-
The exact cause of endometrial cancer is unknown. But some common causes and risk factors are as follows:-
- Age:- it is mainly present in old age, (post menopausal age). Mainly occur in women over 50.
- Obesity is the big cause of endometrial cancer.
- Hormonal imbalance:- imbalance in progesterone and estrogen hormone is also a cause of endometrial cancer.
- Those people who have a positive family history of cancer are at high risk of developing cancer.
- Those women who have never been pregnant are at higher risk of developing cancer.
- Previous history of radiation therapy is also a cause of developing cancer.
Signs and symptoms of endometrial cancer:-
- The most common symptom of endometrial cancer is abnormal discharge from vagina. Bleeding from the vagina. It can occur in between periods or after menopause. Sometimes discharge may be bloody, watery or have a foul odor.
- Pain in the pelvic area again and again. The pain can be less or more severe.
- Painful urination.
- Weight loss.
- Painful coition or pain during sexual intercourse.
- Loss of appetite.
- Weakness, fatigue, lethargic.
ENDOMETRIAL CANCER PREVENTION:-
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Regular exercise.
- Take a healthy diet.
- Regular check ups,.
- Endometrial biopsy.
- CT AND MRI.
- PET SCAN.
- BLOOD TESTS.
ENDOMETRIAL CANCER HOMOEOPATHIC TREATMENT:-
- Breast enlargement and pain before and during menses.
- Leucorrhoea after micturition.
- Glands enlarged and indurated.
- Dysmenorrhoea with pain drawing down the thighs.
- Weakness of body and mind.
- Pain from the right side of the womb to the right or left breast.
- Menses irregular, profuse, frequent, large clots.
- Prolapse, enlargement of uterus.
- Cancer of uterus.
- Dysmenorrhoea and chronic endometritis with displacement.
- Must keep legs tightly closed.
- Profuse menses with a paroxysm of icy coldness over the entire body.
- A milky acrid leucorrhoea, during micturition.
- Itching of vulva and vagina, very sensitive.
- Discharge of blood between menstrual periods.
- Discharge of blood from vagina, every time a child is nursed.
- Cancer of uterus.