Genital warts are also known as condyloma acuminatum. Warts are small non-cancerous growths that appear over the skin or mucous membrane.
Genital warts are small bumpy growths that appear on the genital. It is a sexually transmitted disease caused by lower risk strains of HPV. It affects both males and females but most commonly occurs in females as compared to males.
Some strains of HPV can cause cancer of the cervix and vulva.
Causes of genital warts:
• Genital warts is a sexually transmitted disease caused by lower risk strains of human papillomavirus.
• It is contagious and spread from skin to skin contact.
• The most common HPV subtypes are that infect the cervix or anal region are HPV types 6, 11, 16 and 18. But HPV6 and HPV11 are the most common causes of benign lesions.
• HPV16 and HPV18 more commonly cause cancerous lesions in the na region or cervix.
Symptoms of genital warts:
1. Genital warts can appear as cauliflower shape or it can be a small bump that can be a cluster form or it can be single.
2. It can vary in size, can be small or large.
3. In males: growth can be appear
4. In females:
• Outside or inside of the vagina
• Anal region
5. Genital can be swollen.
6. Painful intercourse.
7. Bleeding can occur while having intercourse
8. Itching and discomfort
9. Some people may experience burning or tenderness.
• It mostly affects people with the age group of 25-30 years. –
• Weak immune system
• Multiple sexual partners
• Unprotected sex
• It can spread from mother to child if the mother has the virus during delivery.
• Having sex with a person who has genital warts.
Genital warts Diagnosis:
• Physical examination of the genitals.
• Pap test: in women it is necessary to have the pap smear to see if the changes occur in the cervix or not.
• HPV test: to rule out the HPV strains.
• Biopsy: to see if it’s cancerous.
• Genital warts with higher risk HPV strains can cause carcinoma of the cervix, vulva, anus and penis.
• Bleeding and tenderness while having sexual intercourse.
• Avoid multiple sexual partners.
• Avoid unprotected sex
• Vaccination: HPV vaccine has been approved in the USA for males and females between the age of 9 to 45 to prevent cervical cancer and genital warts.
Vaccines should be received before they have sexual contact. And there are two doses where the 2nd dose must be taken 6 months after the 1st dose.
Homeopathy medicines for Genital warts:
1. Nitricum Acidum: it is a well-indicated medicine for warts. Vaginitis. Eruption over the external part of the vagina that is sore. In males, there is itching and burning with a phagedenic chancre. Soreness and burning in glans and beneath the prepuce.
2. Thuia occidentalis: thuia is one of the best medicine for venereal warts with increased sensitiveness that prevents sex. Warty growth on vulva and perineum.
Cauliflower excrescences that bleed easilv.
Condylomata fig warts in male genitals. Whitish chancre with hard edges. Offensive smell from genitals. Chronic induration of testes.
3. Sepia: sepia is well indicated medicine for the genital warts on males. Condylomata surrounding the head of penis with cutting pain in the testes. Itching and dryness eruption on genitals. Cracks on prepuce.
4. Medorrhinum: medorrhinum can be given to the genital warts and venereal disease. Sycotic warts on genitals. Gonorrheal infection with heaviness in perineum. High sexual drive.