Tonsil stones are small lumps that form in your throat. These are formed when the debris hardens or calcifies. They are also called tonsilliths. Tonsil stones can cause bad breath though they are usually not painful or harmful.
Tonsils are gland structures present in the back of your throat. One on each side. Tonsils are filled with nooks and crannies where bacteria and debris can get trapped. Step into a world of natural healing with Dr. Ruchi at 247Homeopathy Clinic in Zirakpur. With a commitment to holistic healing, our clinic offers a range of natural remedies tailored to your unique health needs.
- People who have more tonsillar crypts.
- Recurrent Tonsil infection.
- Tonsil stones develop when bacteria get trapped in a small area on the tonsils.
- Debris gets trapped in tonsils.
In the early stage, no sign and symptoms are present. Tonsil stones may produce no symptoms.
- Bad breath.
- White debris present, white or yellow flakes at the back of the throat.
- Sore throat.
- Difficulty in swallowing.
- Irritation in throat.
- Occasionally, there may be pain when swallowing.
- Bad taste.
- Pain in your ear.
- Physical examination to look Inside mouth and check properly with tongue depressor.
- X-ray to see any enlargement.
- CT SCAN may reveal a nonspecific calcified image in the tonsillar area.
- Belladonna: it is a well indicated remedy for tonsil. Inflamed tonsils. Tonsils appear red, swollen and enlarged. A sensation of a lump is present in the throat along with a constant desire to swallow.
- Hepar sulph: hepar sulph is a well indicated remedy for tonsil stone along with earache. Pain from the throat radiates to the ears. Chronic tonsillitis is present.
- Phytolacca decandra: phytolacca is a good remedy for tonsil when the person has difficulty in swallowing. Small, yellow white spots on the tonsils are seen. Sore throat.
- Mercurius sol: mer. Sol is also a good remedy for tonsil. Brush red swelling present. Bad offensive breath present. Sore throat. Difficulty in swallowing. I tense thirst for cold water. Weak digestion. Fetid odour from mouth.