This rare type of cancer mainly affects the skin. It originates from cutaneous T lymphoma (CTCLs) which are the cancer that belongs to T cells which is a type of WBCs.
In short, mycosis fungoid is characterized by the abnormal growth and accumulation of t-cells in the skin that leading to formation of various skin lesions. It is a type of lymphoma.
CAUSES OF MYCOSIS FUNGOIDES: – the exact cause of mycosis fungoid is unknown. But some factors on which mycosis fungoid depends are as follows:-
- Genetic predisposition (certain genetic mutations) leads to mycosis fungoid.
- Abnormality in immune system, mainly T cells which are a type of WBC is also a cause of mycosis fungoid.
- Exposure of some chemical, toxins, infections agents, and environmental factors also included.
- Some viral infections such as human T-cell lymph trophic virus type 2 (HTLV-1) is also responsible for mycosis fungoid.
MYCOSIS FUNGOIDES SYMPTOMS: –
- Flat, scaly and reddened patches on the skin.
- Then patches become thick and form raised plaque on the skin.
- The plaque can be pink, red or brown.
- Irregular or rough surface of plaques.
- Itching, tenderness and wrinkles appear on plaques. Then in advance stage, tumors may develop within the skin.
- Tumors can be ulcerated, raised or nodular.
- Open sores or ulcers on skin.
- Enlarged lymph nodes.
- The affected skin has various changes such as thickening, scaling and a leathery texture.
- Fatigue, fever.
- Weight loss and itching.
- Skin biopsy.
- Lymph node biopsy.
- Testing of skin patch.
- X-RAY, CT-SCAN, MRI, PET SCAN.
- Molecular studies.
MYCOSIS FUNGOIDES HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES:-
- Crippled nails.
- Felons, abscesses, boil ulcers.
- Cracks on finger tips.
- Rose colored blotches.
- Promotes expulsions of foreign bodies from tissues.
- Scars suddenly become painful.
- Perspiration sweetish and strong.
- Polyp, tubercles, warts, carbuncles, ulcers.
- Freckles and blotches.
- Dry skin, with brown spots.
- Zona, herpetic eruptions.
- Eruptions only on covered parts.
- Very sensitive to touch.
- Brown spots on hands and arms.
- Dry, scaly, unhealthy skin.
- Every little injury suppurates.
- Pimply eruptions, pustules, rhagdes.
- Skin affections after local medications.
- Itching, burning, worse scratching and washing.