MIDLINE TRACT CARCINOMA WITH NUT GENE CHANGES
MIDLINE TRACT CARCINOMA WITH NUT GENE CHANGES is also known as nut carcinoma. This rare and aggressive type of cancer primarily affects the midline structure of the body.
The nut gene (nuclear protein in testis) is situated on chromosome 15q14. The NUT gene plays as important role in normal development and cell differentiation.
Midline tract carcinoma can arise in many locations along with midline such as head and neck (nasal cavity, sinuses, tonsils etc.) thorax, lungs, liver and pancreas.
It is mainly found in adolescents and young adults.
Its nature is very aggressive and prognosis is poor.
CAUSES: – the exact cause of midline tract carcinoma with NUT gene changes is unknown. But many factors are responsible for this. These are as follows:-
- It can be due to NUT gene translocation.
- Some chemicals like formaldehyde, benzene, and other toxic substances.
- Some viral infection such as EBV infection also responsible for this tumor.
- Weak immune system.
- Any other chromosomal abnormality.
SYMPTOMS: – if tumor affects the midline structure in chest then:-
- Cough difficulty in breathing.
- Chest pain.
- Wheezing sound in chest.
- Recurrent respiratory infections.
- A lump or mass or swelling on affected area.
- Pain on affected part.
- Changes or voices or hoarseness in voice.
- Neck swelling.
- Swelling o face.
- Fatigue and weakness.
- Weight loss.
- Loss of appetite.
- Headache, seizures or changes in mental state.
- CT SCAN.
- PET SCAN.
- Blood culture.
- Changes in voice or hoarseness in voice.
- Burning and bleeding.
- Sneezing without relief.
- Dyspnea, shortness of breath and pallor.
- Heart action is weak.
- Patent is very restless and anxious.
- Sensation as if lime was burned in the stomach.
- Acid dyspepsia.
- Hoarseness with pain in chest.
- Expectoration scant must be swallowed.
- Recurrent respiratory infection.
- Profuse, yellow sticky expectoration, coming out as a long, stringy and very tenacious mass.
- Tickling in larynx.
- Cough with pain in sternum that extends to shoulders.
- Bronchitis anosmia.
- Hoarseness in voice.
- Cough has a brassy sound.