Achalasia cardia is a condition where it is difficult to move food from the food pipe into the stomach.
It occurs when nerves in the food pipe become damaged and get paralysed and not able to squeeze food down into the stomach.
Causes of achalasia cardia :
- Exact cause is not clear.
- Damage of the esophageal nerve causes achalasia cardia.
- Genetic factors play a very important role in this.
- History of an autoimmune disease has a higher risk of getting this.
- Difficulty in swallowing , feeling like food and drinks get stuck in the throat.
- Regurgitation of food and saliva.
- Pain in the chest.
- Esophageal manometry :to rule out how well the food pipe is getting open and closed during swallow of food.
- X-ray of upper digestive system: to the blockage in the food pipe stomach and intestine.
- Upper endoscopy or biopsy : to see partial blockage in the esophagus.
- GERD: (gastro esophageal reflux disease) : frequent blocking of food may cause acid reflux disease.
- Inflammation of the food pipe due to gastric contents that caused irritation to the inner lining of the mucosa.
- Weight loss/ malnutrition.
- Ulcer formation due to constant irritation of mucosal lining.
- Oesophageal cancer.
Risk factors :
- People who do not have a scheduled sleeping or eating pattern are prone to get this problem.
- Anxious people are more prone to suffer from achalasia cardia.
- History of any type of autoimmune disease.
- Improper diet.
- Try to take meals on time and chew food properly.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Take a meal 2-3 hours before bed time at night and sleep with your head raised.
- Avoid alcohol, chocolate, caffeine and citrus food.
- Keep 4 to 5 small meals a day instead of large meals.
- Do not skip meals.
HOMEOPATHY TREATMENT FOR ACHALASIA CARDIA
- Cajuputum– Constriction feeling on swallowing solid foods.
- Cactus– heaviness and constriction in stomach.
- Bismuthum-feeling of nausea and vomiting after intake of liquids.
- Lachesis– Pain even while swallowing movement or empty swallowing.
- Carbo Veg– Constriction pain and heaviness with distention in stomach.
- Alumen– pain, heartburn feels constriction in food pipe.
- Baptisia– Distention and rumbling cannot even swallow liquids, Vomiting due to spasm in esophagus.